Beagles got online scores

June 4th, 2008 by nenad

Rescue: The Beagles - screenshot

New version of Rescue: The Beagles beta is available for download. The main thing added is the online score board. Also the game itself is made somewhat easier by tweaking the enemy spawn rates, adding extra lives and additional score bonuses at the end of each level.

16 Comments on 'Beagles got online scores'

1. July 3, 2008 at 9:32 am

Mitridas said:

Hey!
    Great great game, the gameplay is addicting and perfectly balanced…
    However I’d like to ask if you can take care of the scoreboard cheating…
    It’s a bit frustrating getting the highest score and seeing your name under some outrageusly exaggerated number!!
    Anyway great job, I can’t wait for the final version!!

2. July 3, 2008 at 9:53 am

nenad said:

Thanks and congratulations on the great score.
    The score cheating will be fixed in the final version.

3. July 3, 2008 at 9:54 am

Mitridas said:

Wow, that was really fast…. Thank You !!

4. July 3, 2008 at 10:04 am

nenad said:

On a score related note; I was thinking running a small R:tB contest in the near future. Something like - whoever first reach half a million score mark wins a t-shirt. You seem to be a serious candidate ;)

5. July 3, 2008 at 10:15 am

Mitridas said:

Wow, that is a really nice idea… But dangerous too… can you imagine how much more time people will spend playing your game in the hope to win ??
    I was making my own game before finding out rtb and the work has almost totally halted since then!! :-(

6. July 3, 2008 at 11:16 am

nenad said:

Well yes, unless they’d spend more time hacking the score table :D.
    Anyway, enough beagles for you for today, get back to work on your game. I command you ;)

7. March 8, 2009 at 2:50 pm

DSMic said:

This game is so damn awesome! I really love the music

8. July 22, 2009 at 10:45 am

nitrofurano said:

the readme file says there is a Linux port somewhere - where is it?

9. July 22, 2009 at 10:51 am

nitrofurano said:

brilliant game! congratulations! :)

10. September 16, 2010 at 10:05 am

Drakons Designs said:

GREAT GAME! one of my favourites indie games!! :) only i ask hehe have this game get a “the end”??? congratulations for the game!

11. September 16, 2010 at 7:02 pm

nenad said:

Thanks.
    No, there is no “the end” :) The levels are generated indefinitely for as long as you manage to survive. So the main objective is to aim for the highest score.

12. July 4, 2011 at 11:14 am

Paulz said:

high score doesnot work only on my comp>????

13. February 25, 2013 at 10:20 am

Nebuls said:

Ho please great god of Highscores, give us some love and make that scoreboard work! ;)

14. April 30, 2014 at 5:27 am

assetsearchcompanies.blogspot.com said:

A good system of expense receipt organization reminds
    you of what receipts to keep for taxes and helps you find those receipts easily.
    In addition, where the subject may be concealing assets,
    such as through family trusts, partnerships or the
    like, the asset search report will provide a road map for the attorney.
    Frewlay, Gerard (2003): The International Directory of Civil Aviation, New York, Aerospace Publications.

15. May 3, 2014 at 8:30 am

Water Damage Repair Las Vegas said:

Since your windows are very vulnerable to this type of threat, you
    may want to consider cutting sheets of plywood and placing them over all of the windows in
    your house until the storm has safely blown over. If you’ve had a flood in your
    home, you know that the moisture and humidity will be everywhere.
    Olefin (polypropylene) fibers make up the majority of this
    type of carpet.

16. August 5, 2014 at 12:36 am

my san francisco kitchen calories in chocolate chip frappe said:

I just like thе helpful informmation you supρly for your articles.

I will bookmark ʏour աeblog and test once more here frequently.
    I am rather sure I will be informed many new stuff prߋper here!
    Βest of luck for the following!

my websitе … my san francisco kitchen calories in chocolate chip frappe

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL